Monday, May 11, 2009

Let's Start At The Very Beginning--A Very Good Place To Start...

Well, we are on the road. Actually at this moment, we are parked for the night at a Flying J truck stop. We've stayed at Flying J's every night so far. It's free and since we are so self-contained, it works out great. We can come & go when we please and did I mention--it's FREE! We like that!

Here we are on the day we left--Saturday. As you see, John Wesley isn't with us. We were going to pick him up around midnight, however, the crew coming in from the Haiti mission trip was pretty exhausted. They decided to spend the night in Atlanta and start fresh the next day. We spent the night in Knoxville, TN, then we got up early the next morning and did some odds & ends while we waited for the Haiti crew to meet us. That happened around 11:00.


John Wesley had an awesome time in Haiti. I know it sounds ridiculous that we will barely let him go across the street without us, but we let him go all the way to Haiti! But, honestly, from the time the Haiti trip was first mentioned, I knew that John Wesley needed to go. I don't know why. I was hoping that when he returned, I'd find out why he needed to be there, but so far, I still don't know. I'm sure it is one of those things that will ultimately be one of the small building blocks that help to make him into exactly who God intends him to be. He's already pretty awesome (excuse the bragging, I just really like this young man), I can't wait to see what he becomes as he grows up.

His safe return was a great Mother's Day present! My other Mother's Day present was getting to go out to eat. I chose CiCi's Pizza. That's what the kids like best. So, my reasoning was that if it weren't for my kids, I wouldn't be a mom, so really, I needed to pick what they liked. Makes perfect sense, right? I thought so!

Anyway, back to our trip. After we picked up John Wesley and ate at CiCi's, we basically drove until Harold couldn't keep his eyes open (somewhere in Arkansas), then we found the closest Flying J and parked for the night.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

This is great! Kay forwarded the blog address to me. Hope you have an adventurous trip! Did I read correctly - you are headed to Yellowstone?? I camped in the snow there over Memorial weekend and into June one year - awesome time!

ENJOY YOUR ROAD TRIP!
Sue Tucker

Lori in KY said...

Susan!!!! I'm so glad to see you here! Yep, Yellowstone bound. Harold & I were there 20 years ago. The thing I most remember is how COLD it was in the mornings--and that was in JULY!

Unknown said...

Harold, Lori and family.
This is Mamaw. I don't really know how to post a comment but am trying. I love hearing from you all and seeing the pictures. Thank you bunches!
We are so excited for you all and the wonderful family time you are enjoying.
Keep the info coming.
Hugs and Kisses, Papaw and Mamaw

Lori in KY said...

You did it just fine! Harold said I write a book every time. Sorry if it's too long. This is a great way for me to keep the memories, though, until I get a chance to scrapbook them. :)

Love You.
Lori & Crew