Sunday, May 31, 2009

Devil's Tower...

Reluctantly, we packed up our gear and left the beautiful creekside. On the road again, headed for Devil's Tower, the home of the cute prairie dogs. Aside from the biggers and I getting out to walk up to the base of Devil's Tower, this day was pretty uneventful. Harold was feeling a little off his feeds. I sort of threatened him that he better not get us too far from a hospital, or at least tell me where one was so if something happened to him I could get us there. Thankfully, he was just having an off day. He was fine by the next morning.Something I didn't realize about Devil's Tower was that it is considered a sacred spiritual site by Native Americans. There are all these prayer cloths and prayer "bundles" tied to the tree branches all over the area surrounding the tower. William found a piece of cloth (actually it was leather) in his pocket and stuffed it into a hole in a tree. I wonder if that was sacreligious?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am loving reading about all your adventures! And I absolutely agree that it is more fun visiting these wonders of God WITH your children!