Saturday, October 31, 2009

Going For A Drive Out In The Country...

Every now and then I load up the car with whoever wants to come along and we go for a drive to see what we can see.  Today we did just that.  This is the top of our driveway.

Not too far down the road, we encountered a small flock of turkeys.  (This is not the greatest picture, but you get the idea.)  A few days ago, we came across a much bigger flock of around 20-24.

A little further down the road, we came to a small group of deer, most of them ran off before I could get the camera out and focused, but these few brave ones remained to pose.  I was in such a hurry to get the picture that I wound up not focusing completely.

We love taking the road less traveled.  We see the most beautiful sights.

Sights like this gorgeous sunset that greeted us on our way home. 

Ahhh, the joys and simple pleasures of living in the country.

2 comments:

Becca said...

Beautiful! Our trees are barely turning, and there are no turkeys out on the freeway. ;-)

thebobletts said...

These pictures bring back such great memories of being home in Ky. Thanks for sharing them with me. It sure put a smile on my face:)