Monday, November 2, 2009

"Pray for me, Mommy!"


Here we are again.  MaKenzie's headaches haven't let up since she had her last shunt revision 10 days ago, so we brought her back today.  The CT scan revealed that this shunt has also stopped working effectively, so we are indeed looking at another surgery.

Today her pain was much worse than it has been up to this point, so I'm glad we made the decision to come.  While we were waiting for the CT scan this afternoon, she was hurting so badly she would scream out in pain every few minutes.  Finally, she screamed, "Pray for me, Mommy!  Pray for me!"  That's when I lost it. 

I've been in pain a couple times in my life.  My reaction was always, "Make it go away!" or "Do something for me."  I don't know that it has ever been "Pray for me."  But, MaKenzie, with her childlike faith and pure loving heart knew exactly where to go to find relief--straight to her heavenly Father--the ultimate healer. 

The plan is for surgery to be around 7:30 in the morning (give or take).  So if you read this, and you think of her, would you pray for her?  Pray that the doctors will have wisdom and clarity of mind, that their hands would be guided by the Great Physician at every step of the procedure.  Pray that MaKenzie will have relief, that we will see her sweet, smiling, gregarious personality shining in her eyes again.  And while you're at it, won't you say a quick prayer for all the other families that are here?  The hospital is so full we didn't get a "real" room until around 9:00 tonight.  Lots of little ones sick and lots of worried and scared Mommas & Daddies who could use our prayers.  Thank you all. 

4 comments:

Shep Hansen said...

Jennifer and I will have her in our prayers. I found myself teary eyed as I read the blog. God Bless!

Luke's Mom said...

I'm praying right now for MacKenzie, that all will go well with her surgery and that she will recover quickly. Also for you and the your family as I know how challenging it is on the family when one of them are in the Hospital.

Love in Christ,
Suzi

Anonymous said...

We are praying, too, Lori. and will add her to our prayer chain. Love and prayers and hugs from the Broce family.
Holly

Debbie Smith said...

We will be praying love to you all!