Sunday, November 8, 2009

Heaven in the Face of my Baby Girl...

Sometimes you hear a song that captures your heart--that says just what you would say if you had the gift of words.  This is one such song for me.  Our hearts broke, along with the rest of the nation's, for the Chapman family when they lost their daughter, Maria, a year or so ago.  I wondered at the time how that tragedy would be translated into his music--I knew it would, indeed had to be--just as any artist's life experiences eventually are expressed and "worked through" in the medium of his chosen art form.  And here is part of the answer to my question.   



Now watch the video and listen to the lyrics of this awesome song!



Often, when I imagine my first moments in Heaven, I imagine my little Katy Lu meeting me there, at the "pearly gate", and taking me by the hand to introduce me to all the friends she's made, and showing me around the place, just like Steven Curtis Chapman described his thoughts of his Maria.  So sweet how he expresses his memories of Maria.  I have no doubt he saw heaven in the face of his little girl.  I distinctly remember seeing heaven in my little girl's sweet angel face, too. 

1 comment:

Mrs. Adams said...

Lori, that was precious, I never heard that before. He sure brought out exactly what the love of a child feels like,physical and emotional. That just broke and warmed my heart all at the same time.
Thanks for sharing. I know how this must reach you, where you are.
*hugs*