Sunday, October 4, 2009

15 years ago today...

Fifteen years ago today,
There was a new angel in heaven. 
And our arms were emptier than they've ever been.
 But that new angel...she was finally free of earthly troubles.
 
While we still miss her, we would never wish her back. 
Not like she was.  That would be unfair to her.
We have rejoiced from the day she was taken to heaven
that she is free of the pain and troubles that she had here on earth.
Someday we'll get to spend all the time with her that we never got to here.
Until then, we live every day as people whose lives are different because of hers.
We are so grateful for the time we did get to spend with her
and for the lessons taught us by the smallest of teachers--our Katy Lu.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Today Lori, you were on my mind, but now I know why----I said several prayers for you---I am so glad that God is in control. I know you situation with Katie Lu changed your life to the person you are today and I am so glad. I really enjoy your blog, thanks so much for keeping it up! It is GREAT! Connie

Lori in KY said...

Connie,

It's good to hear from you! I began to wonder if anyone reads this silly blog, or if I've bored everybody to tears. LOL.

Thank you for thinking of & praying for us today. Time has softened the edges of the pain and grief, so it's not quite as hard as it used to be. Never a day passes that we don't think about her, so today isn't really any worse than other days. It's become sort of a day for me to celebrate her wholeness now.

Miss you. Wish we could sit down & chat like the old days. Maybe sometime?

Love ya',
Lori

GAR said...

I love you guys. I am so proud of how you handled everything then & now. I pray for you everyday. Love & prayers, GAR

PS - I love to read your blogs, don't stop

Lori in KY said...

We love you guys too! I'm so glad you came up (down, whatever) a couple weeks ago. The kids love seeing you. We do too, but I know that part doesn't really matter to you--I know you just come to see the kids. ;)

I'll keep up the blog if you'll keep up the praying. Hmm, somehow that doesn't really seem a fair trade, since I'm sure I get waaaaay more benefit from your prayers than you get from the blog, but oh well... :)

Love You Guys!
~Lori