Friday, October 9, 2009

Trade Days...


  • 4 Dozen Pumpkin Muffins
  • 24 Deviled Eggs
  • Tuna Salad w/ all the Fixins
  • 2 Loaves Wheat Bread
  • 3 Loaves Cinnamon/Raisin Bread
  • 8 Pounds Chicken Cooked and Deboned
  • About a Gallon of Chicken Stock
  • About a Gallon of Macaroni Salad w/ Chicken and Apples
  • 3 Pounds Pinto Beans (2 for Dinner and 1 to make into Baked Beans)
  • 24 Corn Bread Muffins
  • About 40 Pancakes made and Frozen
  • Butter made into Spreadable Butter
  • Gallon+/- of Very Yummy Apple Cider (made by John Wesley)
  • 3 Dozen Apple Cider Bites (little mini apple turnovers--also made by John Wesley)
  • Plus today's meals for us all
So this was the reason for all the dirty dishes I washed today!  All the food I'm making ahead for this weekend to take with us...

Tomorrow we're leaving to go to "Trade Days" in Lucasville, Ohio.  It's a swap meet / livestock sale / flea market / "whatever" that happens 2 weekends a year--once in the spring and once in the fall.  That's where John Wesley bought John and Erma (the chickens) back in the spring.  We're going to be taking the RV up there and settling in to browse the vendors for a couple days.   

My washer and dryer and my stove/oven have been humming non-stop today getting us ready.  Once we park the RV, we won't be going out for groceries or anything until we leave, so I'm trying to think of everything we will need.  I made a menu earlier listing what we'll eat for each meal while we're gone, and I've been working on fixing as much ahead as I can so there will be less work while we're gone.

It's after midnight and I've got the last loaves of bread in the oven, and the stock is still simmering on the stove, so I'll need to get that taken care of as well.  Then I'll just need to finalize my packing list and my grocery list and I'll be all ready.  So, I should surely be ready by noon tomorrow if I don't sleep any tonight, right?

John Wesley and Lena are the only ones who are up keeping me company while I finish up the last minute details.  They're watching a movie--everybody else conked out on me.  I'm surprised anybody can sleep with the scent of cinnamon/raisin bread and the savory chicken stock permeating the air.  Mmmm, yum. 

Don't be surprised if I have pictures of a cute little piggy or three or some such new addition/s to our farm when we return!  Wonder how many piglets will fit in the RV's bathtub?  Oink!

No comments: