Monday, March 29, 2010

We need you to pray!


I am Facebook friends with most of you who subscribe to our blog, however there are some of you who are not on FB, and I wanted to get the most "bang for my buck" (or should I say the most "prayers for my post") so I am posting it here...

As most of you know, we moved out of our Van Lear house a couple years ago and moved into our "evidently-not-so-temporary" little house, with the intention of selling the house and eventually building a house out here.  We've had a million and one delays and "God" interventions which caused us to not get around to selling the house.  I can't say I'm sad about that.  After all, we were able to allow others to use the house when they needed a place and we all know that everything happens in God's timing anyway.  But, I am happy to say that we finally got a "FOR SALE" sign put up last week. 

We feel that we have priced it well and we have chosen to go the "For Sale By Owner" route rather than to use the services of a realtor.  We know without a doubt that the Lord GAVE us this house when we moved here in 2003.  It was $30,000 less than any of the other homes we were looking at and it was much bigger than the others.  He KNEW we'd need that space...he knew he would be taking us from 3 children to 8 children in that home.  The price we're asking is far less than the appraised value, and with no realtor commission to figure in, we're hoping that the next owners will find it a blessing and answer to prayer as well.  Sure we could ask more and thereby MAKE more, but that's not really the point for us.

We've had 3 phone calls on it so far and were supposed to show it on Sunday, however that family didn't show.  Tonight Harold showed it to a family who evidently likes it pretty well!!!!  They are going to the bank in the morning to see about financing.  YAY!!!

So...as you read this, if you would say a quick prayer that if this is the family the Lord has for the house that He would work out all the details, we'd sure appreciate it.  If it's not the family He has for the house, then just pray that we'd be patient. :)   Thanks everybody!

1 comment:

Mrs. Adams said...

HOW EXCITING!!! I will be praying. I sure hope this is it, but of course God's timing is best! :D...Your in my thoughts today...and may God bless you guys....