Sunday, March 7, 2010

Delicious...

We finally arrived back on our little slice of heaven around 2:00 am.  When we return home from traveling, someone will invariably make some comment like, "That was a fun trip," or, "It's SOOO good to be home," etc. 

Tonight upon our arrival home, William said, "That was the most DELICIOUS vacation!"  I have to agree!  Chicago's got it goin' on in the food department!
Speaking of delicious, I spent several delicious hours on the road getting to know the characters in My Antonia.  Oh MY!  How I loved this book!  I shouldn't even get started on it; there is just TOO much to say about it.  Suffice it to say, this is my new favorite book.  And my girlfriend, Antonia--contrary to popular opinion, she's not to be pitied.  She was a rich, rich lady.  Nevermind the scraping-by, lack of carpet in her home, and the missing teeth.  She remained true to herself and her values and everyone who knew her loved her--including her many children.  Her home was happy and lively, even if not fancy.  (See why I love her????)  She was wealthy indeed!  Who needs to follow the socially acceptable, formulaic route to "success"?  Not me.  As long as my children and husband respect and love me and my home is a place of joy, I couldn't care less if I ever seem successful in the world's estimation--even if I DO end up toothless and careworn.  (Thank goodness for "tooth dentists," though, right?)

No comments: