Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Harold had a BIRTHDAY!!!

Harold's birthday fell on the first day of our vacation.  We decided to celebrate by heading out to a breakfast buffet!  My favorite!  Oh, wait...it was Harold's birthday, right?  No, really it was his choice!  With all the selection to choose from--biscuits, gravy, eggs, bacon, sausage, fruit, pancakes, waffles, yogurt--I was dumbfounded when Cody brought CEREAL back to the table to eat!!!  That silly boy!  Oh well, maybe I should follow his diet, he certainly doesn't have any extra weight hanging around--maybe he knows what he's doing?
After we returned to the condo from eating breakfast, I decided that I needed to take Lena to the doctor to get something for the rash on her face.  It had been there for a couple days before we left home, but I was trying to treat it with Benadryl and give it time to heal up on its own.  But it was getting worse.  I took her to an urgent care center and we had to wait F.O.R.E.V.E.R!!!  Come to find out it was poison ivy.  I can't believe it but even as much as all the kids are out in the woods, none of them had ever had it before.  A couple days on medicine and she was all good.
That evening, after the sun started going down, we headed to the pool!  Matthew, MaKenzie, and Jared loved the kiddie pool!  MaKenzie told me we should've brought our cat, Tippy.  When I asked her why, she said because she could have played in the "kitty" pool!!!  She comes up with the cutest things!  A couple days ago, she was picking a play fight with the boys and she yelled, "Okay, who wants a piece of MEAT???"  We all rolled out laughing.

No comments: