Saturday, December 4, 2010

A Simple Girl With Simple Wishes...

A day or two ago, William asked MaKenzie what she wanted for Christmas. Luckily, she's a simple girl with simple tastes. All she wanted was a laptop, a cell phone, a Mustang (as in the car!), and a puppy. Good thing she doesn't ask for much...
Earlier this week, we had our first dusting of snow for the season. Even though it didn't amount to much and disappeared nearly as quickly as it fell, we were all excited and used the snow as a great reason to put school on a delay for the morning. It doesn't take much for us to find a reason to celebrate around here!
This day, MaKenzie was eager to try out her new boots. We had finally found a pair of boots that were actually made to fit over her braces, allowing her, for the first time, to join in the fun outside and still have the support of her braces! I think I see a job as a footwear model in her future!
I just love this picture of her reaching out to grab the snowflakes as they fell. Just like her, reaching out to embrace life with such a joyful enthusiasm like I have never seen in anyone else.   MaKenzie is the most postive person I know!
I loved watching her walk across the yard with Cody. She is getting so great at getting around, I didn't figure she'd need much help, if any, but I wanted Cody to be there for her if she needed him, and he didn't mind. In fact, I think he enjoyed this little victory of hers as much as anyone else! He played outside with her for quite a while, helping her make snowballs and just doing NORMAL stuff. There are lots of things that MaKenzie can't do because of her CP, and she never complains, never pouts or feels sorry for herself--but I know she is aware of the times that she isn't able to do what everyone else is doing. So, it makes me SO happy when she CAN do what the rest of the kids are doing. Makes me just wanna holler, "You GO girl!!!"

No comments: