Sunday, June 7, 2009

Some Random Thoughts and Pictures...

We made it! We're home. I say that with a definite mixture of sadness and happiness. I love home and I love our family life routine. But, I have also enjoyed our vacationing lifestyle. Unfortunately, real life beckons and we must heed the call. This month has been one of the most jam-packed-with-fun times we've ever had. I will always treasure the closeness we shared as a family, and I will never forget watching our children experience, up-close-and-personal, all God's creatures and creations. We had the experience of a lifetime.

We've been going through photos and there were a few that didn't make it to the blog, but that I wanted to share, so I'm adding them here.

We came across this paw-print in Yellowstone and were surprised by its clarity. We aren't sure what made it. Do you know?
This photo is for Dan Nichols and all you other perfectionists out there (DAD!!!). I know you'll enjoy seeing our professional bodywork, right, Dan? But if this isn't extensive enough for you, don't worry, there's more on the other side of the RV. The good news is that Duct Tape was one of the only "parts" we had to buy during the whole trip. For being 20 years old, this old rig did pretty well. Nothing really broke down until the last night before we got home.
Pretty scenery. We will have no shortage of wallpaper photos for our computer screens to choose from for quite some time.



The kids for sure had a blast on this trip. I'm happy, though, that they were all counting down the time till we were home. Very glad that home is a place they look forward to being. Hope they feel that way when they grow up.

Just because...
I'll continue to go through my photos and add more here for the next week or two. Getting back into the routine of being home has been slow. The laundry is done and the RV is unpacked, but getting our heads back into "non-vacation" mode will take some time. We are all dreading Harold's return to work tomorrow. It's been so nice to be together, we'll miss him during the workday.

2 comments:

Letitia said...

Oh, my goodness. What an amazing trip. How wonderful. I've enjoyed looking at your pictures and reading some of the entries. I wish I had known about it sooner. You are one terrific woman and mother!

Lori said...

Right back atcha, Letitia! Yes, it was an AMAZING trip. We are so thankful for the opportunity to spend such a great time together!

~Lori