Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Happy Birthday, Dear Jonas!!!

J is for Joyful
O is for Obedient
N is for Never-ending Energy!
A is for Affectionate
S is for Smart
Today is Jonas' birthday! He turns 10 today. Double digits. We celebrated his birthday last night because he and the other big boys were leaving early this morning to head to Mammaw's house.He wanted a football cake this year. That puzzles me. There must just be something innately "manly" about football. It's not like he's played real football before. I'm pretty sure he's never even been to a real football game. He HAS watched it on TV, but that's about it, except for playing it on the GameCube. Maybe that's close enough? I dunno. Anyway, he likes football and I like him! He's awfully cool and he's really cute! I'm glad I'm his Momma! There're lots of perks to the job. He gives great backrubs and he's always ready with a hug, which I'm often in need of.

For his birthday dinner, he chose chili cheese noodles and chili cheese hotdogs (Cincinnati/SkyLine type chili), green beans, and fruit salad. I think he'd eat that meal everyday if he could. Grandpa & Grandma came over to eat with us and we had a nice time stuffing ourselves.
Matthew enjoyed the cake. He likes it when folks have birthdays! We get to eat cake & ice cream plenty around here, so he's a happy boy! I should've taken a picture of Lena's teeth and tongue when she was done eating! They were the color of the blue icing. I've never seen anything like it.

John Wesley's dog, Brownie, had a puppy--a really cute puppy. That brings our total dog population to 4. UGH! How DID that happen?

Another addition to our family, well to Lena's family.... This past Sunday, Liz, a lady at our church, gave Lena this baby doll. Liz MADE it. It is so pretty, and her little smile is contagious. You HAVE to smile when you look at her! She came all dressed in a pretty lavender dress, which Liz had also made, and she had a little PJ outfit, too. Lena decided it was time for PJ's when we got home. You should see the stitching on this baby's body. She did a great job!

2 comments:

Becca said...

Love that doll! Lena and my Lydia would be huge friends. Dolls go over BIG here in our house since I finally got a clue and got rid of the dang Barbies! ;-)

Lori in KY said...

Becca,

I don't care for Barbie, either. Lena loves her babies, so I just keep encouraging that and trying to stay OUT Of the Barbie aisle!

Lena would probably LOVE to meet Lydia. She and MaKenzie are a bit outnumbered by the boys in our house!