Tuesday, October 28, 2014

So Proud of John Wesley (and MISSING him)

(Where has the time gone???)
 Early this morning, around 5:30, I heard steps outside my bedroom door.  I knew it was John Wesley.  He was getting ready to head out the door in a bit to go to work.  I got up to talk to him for a couple minutes and hug him goodbye and couldn't help it when my eyes leaked a bit as he drove away.
Even before he graduated back in June, he had been applying for jobs here locally with NO luck.  He had some mowing/yard jobs through the summer, but there was no response to any of the applications he submitted.  But he did find one family that we knew through church who needed lots of odd jobs done.  So, he works at their home and property for 2-3 days a week.  Then a few days a week, he travels (a little over an hour away) to work for a musician friend of his who is building a house and owns a contracting business.  He spends the nights there when he's working for him.  And he's also working a night or two at a college in their dining hall, when he can get hours there.  And, of course, when he's not working, he's trying to divide his time amongst all his other passions--fishing, music, hunting, and of course trying to spend as much time with Christine as he can--so he's spread quite thin these days, which means I'm MISSING him LOTS!!!
 But I'm so proud of him.  Watching him become who God has made him is such a blessing to me!  I feel a little sorry for him that he had to be the oldest because that means we made all our biggest mistakes on him--we had to practice on SOMEBODY!!!  He works so hard and has such deeply held convictions.  He analyzes EVERYTHING and gives his heart 100% to the people and things he believes in and loves!  I can't wait to see how God is going to use that intensity and to find out where God is taking him!  I'm so very thankful that I've had a front row seat in his life.
 

3 comments:

Mrs. Adams said...

We adore this guy. He is just a gem of a fella.
We love him so much. Aaron is immensely proud of him.
He's a great guy and absolutely genuine.

GAR said...

You should be proud! He is a fantastic young man

Unknown said...

This is awesome Lori! I have always been so impressed with John Wesley! Always a great kid, and equally a great young man! He will do great things. You should be very proud!
Please tell him I said hello.

Love in Christ
Dave J