Monday, December 3, 2012

Thanksgiving at Our House...

 This year, we had the privilege of hosting my family's Thanksgiving gathering.  There were 38 of us.  It was so much fun to have everyone in.  Of course it was also very hard because it was the first Thanksgiving we spent without my brother, Chuck.  However, we did get to spend time with Carolyn.  I am so thankful she was able to come.
 Beautiful sisters-in-law. 
Hannah, Raisie, and Isaiah, and the rest of the crew in the background getting ready to gather 'round for the blessing. 
 Time to eat.  It's not hard to host Thanksgiving when a family this big all pitches in.  Everybody brought something to add to the meal, so we had lots of everything!
 Desserts.  The kitchen countertops were full, so we put desserts in the laundry room.
 One of the "adults" tables.  Of course Matthew qualifies because it's where Grandma & Grandpa sat.  He had to be with them or he wouldn't have been "thankful."
 Jared at his Cars table.
 We set up a "kids" table in Jared's bedroom.  Some adults (including Harold and me) overflowed to this table since there wasn't enough room at the two adult tables in the dining room.
 The other "adults" table.  Some kids, too, since they needed to be close to their parents.
 And, of course, cutie-pie Raisie at her seat.
 The bigger kids were able to take their plates to sit at the table downstairs.
 Some boys just don't like me to take their pictures.
Cards for the players.
 Snacks for the observers.
 Movies for the littles.
 Nehemiah is such a handsome little dude!
 What a trio of trouble!  Haha!  Not really, they were all good as gold.
 Jonas entertained Isaiah and Matthew, or they entertained him, not sure which.
 I love this shot of Isaiah, because it reminds me of John Wesley when he was little.  He used to gather up EVERY car he owned and line them all up.
 The littles enjoyed a Diego marathon before they hit the hay for the night.  After we put all our kiddos to bed, some of us stayed up and enjoyed an impromptu stand-up comedy routine featuring Jennifer and Jamie.  I loved going to bed that night with so much of my family under my roof.  But I wasn't so crazy about saying good-bye to them the next morning.  Who would want to say good-bye to this sweet face?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad God has allowed me to be a part of this family. Hope everyone will come back for Christmas! Love you all, Harold

Hannah Smith said...

These pictures are wonderful!! Thank you for sharing your beautiful home for all of us to gather in :)