Monday, December 24, 2012

John Wesley turns 17!

 John Wesley is 17 and all I can think is, "He's ALMOST 18!!!!"  I have to remind myself to breathe, that he is God's, not mine, and that he is growing up and growing in the Lord, just as he should be, and that instead of dreading that I only have a few short months before he is ready to find his own way, I need to treasure every moment that he is HERE with me.  And I do.  But there are moments that all I can think is, "He's ALMOST 18!!!!!"  Oh, how I love this young man!
 For his birthday, he told me not to make a cake because he wouldn't eat it.  He has more self-discipline than anyone I know.  So I made him a big bowl of fruit and bought a pound cake for those of us who like having so many birthdays because it makes for good cake-eating excuses! 
 


No comments: