Thursday, October 4, 2012

William Had A Half-Birthday...

Yes, indeed, he did.  Yesterday, in fact.  Back in April, he turned 14, so yesterday would've been his 1/2 birthday--so now is as good a time as any to get his pictures on here, right?  Yes, I am just a bit behind getting our pictures and stories on here.  Our family has had lots happen over the past several months.  God has answered some of our prayers in a BIG way.  But I'll tell you more about that later!  For now...
William turned 14!  I just can't figure out why he thinks he needs to get so tall!  (And handsome...)
In the spring, William took his first mission trip to Haiti.  He loved it!  He had been wanting to go for quite some time.  Plans are in the works to go again this year if he can save enough money. 
This is also William's first year of high school, and even though he won't admit it, I can tell he's enjoying his courses.  Why else would he find books related to what he's learning and stick them in my Amazon account's shopping cart? 
My 14 1/2 year old son also has a wicked sense of humor.  He gets out of many a scrape with that sharp, quick wit.  In fact, many many times I find myself getting ready to jump on his case and then I just can't because I'm laughing too hard.  I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.  For him--definitely good. 
I couldn't be more proud of this young man!  I'm so thankful that I get the joy of being his momma!  Happy half-birthday, William.

No comments: