Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Another December Birthday!

 John Wesley turned 16 at the end of December.  The big sweet 16!  I can't believe I have a 16 year old!  And of all things, for his birthday, I had an EPIC MOM FAIL moment.  I FORGOT the candles!!!!  I couldn't believe it!  
 So...luckily I had 16 various candles of assorted shapes, sizes, and scents that I drug out of every room and cupboard in the house to use in place of the little cake candles that I couldn't remember to buy.  Oh well, just another funny memory, I suppose, in the overall scheme of things! 
Of course, turning 16, the main focus was on getting the long-awaited driving permit!  With his birthday so close to Christmas, he had to wait a few extra days for the test to be given, but he finally got his permit the next week.  Now comes the letting go part of parenting, right?  I am so proud of the young man John Wesley is becoming, and so blessed to be his momma.  I just wish there was a little more time between birthdays!  He's growing up waaaayyy too fast for me!

No comments: