Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Day Out With Cody...

For Christmas, I gave the kids "coupon books." One of the coupons was for a day out with Mom to do whatever they want--shop, movie, go to the park, fishing, out to eat...whatever.  (Going somewhere alone with me is nothing new, but usually they are accompanying ME on MY errands.  This day is all about what THEY want to do.)  Cody redeemed his yesterday.  But first...we had to stop at the post office to pick up his iPod that he had ordered with his birthday and Christmas money.  He was just a little bit excited about that!
 
After that, we were off to the "big city" about an hour and a half away.  Cody had decided he wanted to see the 3-D movie "Yogi Bear."  Secretly, I was pleased with his choice...since seeing the previews when we were at the Narnia movie, I had thought this movie looked like it would be cute.
The kids had come up with the idea that we have to take a picture of the coupons being used. So, I had my camera with me at the movie theater. Cody was quite worried that we were going to get in trouble for taking pictures in there.  But I finally convinced him it would be okay.  Too bad I couldn't tell it was blurry because of the glasses!!!  Shhh....don't tell the kids that those coupons for a day out with Mom are really more of a present to ME!!!   I love getting to spend fun one-on-one time with my blessings.

No comments: