Monday, September 20, 2010

Happy Birthday My Sweet Girls!!!


Lena's and MaKenzie's birthdays are only a day apart.  This year we had a camping trip planned over the weekend of their birthdays.  The trip originally was scheduled around a couple of doctor appointments and a Thomas the Train event that Jared and MaKenzie were going to attend, and since it was the girls' birthdays, we got to celebrate those, as well.

MaKenzie wanted to eat at Skyline for her birthday!  When the waitress found out it was her birthday, she asked if it would be okay for them to sing to her and bring her an ice cream.  Well, of course it was!!!  I wish I had had my video camera!  It was so cute to see MaKenzie's reaction to them singing to her.  She belly laughed the whole time! 

The next night it was Lena's turn to choose.  Not surprisingly, she chose Cracker Barrell--she's a big fan of their pancakes, especially those cute little syrup bottles.  Toward the end of dinner, I had to take one of the other children to the bathroom and when I came back to the table, we had MISSED them singing to her!  I was SO disappointed, but have it on good authority that she was pleased as punch with the whole thing and she REALLY liked the sundae they brought her.  The "icing on the cake" was Jared singing Happy Birthday to her (quite loudly) for the rest of the time we were there!


That night after we returned to the camper, we had cupcakes and presents.  I loved this picture of them diving in to their gift bags.  A sweet reminder that these precious girls ARE the true gifts!  My gifts!  I am so thankful for their bright sunny personalities.  Their giggles and girly games bring a touch of sweetness to our house full of boys!  Happy birthday my sweet girls!  May you always be as sweet and joy-filled as you are today.

1 comment:

Mrs. Adams said...

Awwwwww, They are getting so big....

And don't you hate those wretched bathroom trips....I have missed many a thing while staring at porcelain and tile, waiting on a child to finish....:P