Saturday, September 18, 2010

Good reminders...

Before you read this conversation, you have to know...Jared says my name a MILLION times a day.  Often to ask the SAME question he just asked 43 other times, getting the same answer.  I guess he thinks if he ask ONE MORE TIME, he might get a new answer.  Not happening.  So, sometimes he'll say "Mommy" and I ignore him in hopes he won't ask the 44th time.  Today was a little different.
Jared:  "Mommy....Mommy!....MOMMY!!....MOMMY!!!!"
Me: (exasperated) "WHAT, Jared?????
Jared: (in a dreamy voice and said with the sweetest smile) "Look at the pretty clouds!"
And they were...GORGEOUS!
How thankful I am for my sweet boy.  I'm thankful for all of my kids, of course, but Jared, MaKenzie and Matthew remind me on a DAILY basis to appreciate the little things...the simple things...the beauty God gives all of us to enjoy each day.