Sunday, December 6, 2009

September? December? At least they both end in -ber....


So, Lena and MaKenzie's birthdays are in September.  We usually celebrate them together since they are only a day apart.  Back in September, on MaKenzie's birthday, we had to go pick up the goats.  Mom & Dad kept the kids and while we were gone, Grandma baked the girls a yummy chocolate birthday cake.  So, we celebrated at their house that night, and I called it good--and it was!

However, I had purchased all the necessary items to make a castle cake for the girls way back in the beginning of September, before their birthdays.  The stuff has been moved from pillar to post around my kitchen for a couple months now--remember the "not much space" issue?  Well, finally we decided the kitchen was too valuable (space-wise) to be taken up with the cake mixes, decorations, etc, and we moved it all to my bedroom.  All the while--the WHOLE 3 months--Lena's been saying, "Mommy, when are you going to make my cake?"  So yesterday, during my "peaceful winter morning", while the girls played in the snow on the porch (aren't they cute all bundled up in the hats and scarf Aunt Robyn made?), I baked their cake.  Today we had Grandma & Grandpa over & we had a 1/4 birthday celebration.  They are officially 1/4 year older.  Who else do you know that celebrates 1/4 birthdays??  I know--we're the only weird ones.  I get that.  :)

No comments: