Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Happy Birthday, My Sweet Jared!


How can it be that seven years have come and gone?  Nearly seven years ago now that I first saw your sweet face and your big blue eyes, then unseeing, and your ears not hearing.

You stole my heart that very first night I met you in the hospital.  I knew you were mine, even if you never were really.  I knew that I wanted to be your eyes and ears for as long as you needed me.

But, miracle of miracles!  You experienced God's healing.  Oh, how I would love to take you to see that doctor who said you would never see, walk or talk.  You could tell HIM a few things.  More than a few, actually.


What would a boy who can't see need with this toy?  Nothing!  You can see and you can talk all the ears off a field full of cornstalks!

And, what happened to that little baby that I held and rocked, whose hand we pressed to his Daddy's whiskers so he would know who had him, whose Mommy wore the same perfume (a little too strong) for months so you could smell it and you would know I was near?

That baby grew up into a fine young boy who knows exactly what he wants and isn't a bit shy about telling whoever will listen!  So, take that Mr. Doctor and thank you, Jesus!  Happy Birthday my sweet boy, it is my great privilege and honor to be called your Mommy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am blessed to be witness to the miracle that is JARED! Happy Birthday, Jared! Love, Aunt Laura

Mrs. Adams said...

Thank you Lori,Jared is a miracle....I am so glad that he has proved over and over that God can move.....in MIGHTY ways!!!
Praise the Lord!!!

Anonymous said...

Jared,

I thought that I would be able to help change your life and I have I'm sure and hope to continue to. The major change though has been in me, you have changed my life in ways that only God knows, because of you He is making me into the man He wants me to be. I see Jesus in you every day and for that I am honored, privileged and blessed to be called your Dad! I love you!!!

PS. Your Mom is pretty special too!!

Becca said...

I love your Mommy-Heart, Lori. Jared is blessed!